HAPPY EARTH Day!
Quick tips on how to make a Green Difference
We hope you have tried to adopt at least one or two of the tips we offered over the last month to make our county and nation a little greener. If you have, we would LOVE to hear about your successes in the comments below!
Here's Quick Review that includes some we have mentioned before and a few new ones! IF you look through the list and find you do most of these already, go back to the ones we offered on March 3rd and 17 and uplevel your repertoire or challenge a child or parent to add one to their routine!
According to the WORLD WILDLIFE FUND
1) An average tree absorbs one TON of carbon dioxide over its lifetime. PLANT A TREE!
2) In North America, fruits and vegetables travel an average of 1,500 miles before they reach your plate. TRY TO BUY LOCAL AND FRESH!
3) In the US, paper bills alone generate almost 2 million tons of CO(2). SWITCH TO EBILLS
4) The average US office worker uses 10,000 sheets of copy paper per year. PRINT ON BOTH SIDES.
5) You can make effective, non-toxic cleaning products from baking soda, vinegar, lemon juice or soap. CLEAN NATURALLY.
6) Screensavers DO NOT use less energy. USE SLEEP MODE AND POWER DOWN AT THE END OF THE DAY!