Mitt Romney, the Koch Brothers, and their 1% friends are assuming that this election can be bought—but we're proving them wrong.
Just in the past month, MoveOn members have:
- Protested at every stop of Mitt Romney's swing state bus tour in mid-June. After crowds of MoveOn members and our allies showed up at Romney's stops in New Hampshire, he skipped his next event in Pennsylvania altogether!
- Worked with local allies to protest outside Romney's $50,000-a-ticket fundraisers from Southampton, NY to Baton Rouge, LA.
- Organized over 100 protests at Romney offices nationwide demanding that he release his tax returns to the American people.1
- Generated hundreds of press hits exposing Romney as the candidate of the 1%, including a story on the home page of the New York Times.2
We have a big role to play in stopping the 1% from buying Mitt Romney the White House in November—but unlocking the potential of MoveOn's 7 million members depends on more and more people like you stepping up as Regional Organizers—the team of leaders who work with groups of MoveOn members in cities across the country to build the people-powered movement we need to win.
That's why you're invited to apply to the upcoming Regional Organizer Workshop—a four-week training program to train the new leaders of our field organizing network. You'll get the skills you need to be part of the movement to fight back against the 1% takeover of our democracy in the upcoming election season, and you can participate in it from the comfort of your home!
Can you help us build the people-powered movement we need to beat Romney and stop the 1% takeover by getting trained as a Regional Organizer?Yes, I want to sign-up!
Participants in the Regional Organizer Workshop will:
- Get trained in the skills it takes to be a top leader in our country's biggest progressive organization
- Develop your skills in a "virtual" training center with mentorship and support from MoveOn Field Organizers and Regional Organizers
- Recruit, develop, and support over the phone teams of MoveOn members organizing in their communities to fight the 1% takeover of our democracy
- Get to know and work with other progressive organizers from all over the country
We'll give you the tools and support that you need to become a strong Regional Organizer, contributing to building a movement powerful enough to take on even the most powerful special interests. Can you join the Regional Organizer Workshop and be a part of building the people-powered movement we need to win?Yes, I want to sign-up!
Thanks for all you do.
–Amy, Eric, Alejandro, Susannah, and the rest of the team
1. "Release Your Returns, Romney," Storify.com, Accessed July 16, 2012.
2. "Romney Mines the Hamptons for Campaign Cash," The New York Times, July 8, 2012.
Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our 7 million members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in here.
PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.