Thursday, July 25, 2013

Why a 22 year old liberal, from what use to be one of the most conservative counties in the country, chose Camp Wellstone : Part III


by Carly Hanson
            
Camp Wellstone is not only for social organizers, it also invites those who would like to potentially run for office and those who would like to work or volunteer on a campaign. It provides them with the tools and resources one would need to be successful in each of these tasks. They focus on thing such as campaign planning, budgeting, writing, fundraising, canvassing, giving speeches, and how to manage a successful campaign.
            I, a liberal twenty-two year old female, who grew up in an extremely conservative area, has chosen Camp Wellstone to lead me into the next stage of my life. I know they will prepare me with the tools and resources needed to make the progressive changes that I want to spend the rest of my life pursuing. If you, like me, are looking for a way to begin following your dreams, as large and scary as they may be, you might want to start here. If you are interested in social organizing, working on a political campaign or even running for a political office, this is the best place to start. Take the first step in doing what you want to do for the rest of your life. I’ll see you there! Camp Wellstone, August 9-11 http://bit.ly/CWIllinois

Only about a week more to make the registration deadline.
If you can't go but want to hep someone who wants to but needs a little boost in the buckaroos, please go here
https://secure.actblue.com/page/campwellstone

No comments:

Post a Comment