These are some of the adjectives that fit what we at DPDC are hoping for our nation and our county.
Every now and then, we will be posting blogs in a series that relate to one of these qualities and give some tips on how you can help us get to these goals, together, just a step at a time. In the same way that it came to pass that DuPage was ripe for the election of 17 Democrats where before there were but 2, we can also create a healthier DuPage to leave to our kids and grandkids.
HEALTHIER: 1 in a series of MANY
If you can pledge to do just one thing on this list, we are all on our way.
1) I will use fewer chemically-based products in my home, including home cleaning and personal care products.
2) I will line-dry my clothes as often as possible and try to halve the number of times I use my dryer per week.
3) I will use fewer trash bags and will reduce, reuse, and recycle more so that less unwanted stuff ends up in the landfill.
4) I will consider composting in this upcoming season.
5) I will stop using plastic bags at the grocery stores. I will keep reusable bags in my car and hang a reminder on my rearview mirror so I will see it before I get out of my car.
JUST ONE! We'll post a few more to try in a few weeks!
While you are in the pledging mood, why not become a sustaining member of the Democratic Party of DuPage County? You can contribute as little as $5 a month. GO here and enroll now.