Monday, February 25, 2013

Dear Labor Leaders: DPDC supports the Responsible Bidder Ordinance


A recent letter to all labor leaders from Chairman Bob Peickert.

Dear Labor Leader:

Although the township and municipal elections are not over, we are already looking at the 2014 elections for county board and forest preserve in DuPage County. We are in the process of recruiting candidates and hope that you will recommend potential candidates who are members of your union. For the municipal and township elections, there are several union candidates whomwe are supporting.

As some of you know, I have been a card carrying union member for nearly 50 years. I started as a laborer working on the Four Lakes Village project in Lisle. After college I formed a union in my school district and became a member of the Illinois Federation of Teachers where I worked for 23 years. I was also a member of the Chicago Newspaper Guild and now am a member of the Chicago Typographical Union. I will continue to support labor in any way possible.

It is important for us to elect those who support labor. The Responsible Bidder Ordinance (RBO) is a key concern of labor and I am fully behind your efforts to see RBO language in all of the villages, towns and cities in DuPage, and at the county level as well. We need jobs and we need well-paying jobs. A Responsible Bidder Ordinance will help us in that effort.

I am currently discussing this issue with a couple of mayors and hope to convince them of the importance of having RBO approved. I have also told a number of mayoral candidates of the importance of this ordinance and how vital it is that it has their support. If there are mayors in DuPage County that you want me to reach out to, please let me know.

Feel free to call me if you have any questions or suggestions. I look forward to working with you in the future. And please go to our website to keep up on what we're doing in DuPage to elect Democrats – www.dupagedemocrats.com. If you want to be added to our e-newsletter list, please e-mail us at info@dupagedemocrats.com.

Thank you.

Bob Peickert, Chair
DPDC

No comments:

Post a Comment