Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Al Franken gives his Shutdown pay to Second Harvest

Just like in 2011 when we were faced with a potential government shutdown, I don’t believe it’s fair that I should get a paycheck while hardworking Minnesotans are stuck at home, worried about paying their bills, watching as House Republicans hold our economy hostage.

So for each day the government remains shut down, I will be donating my salary to Second Harvest Heartland -- a great organization that works throughout Minnesota, providing vital assistance to families who would otherwise go hungry.

While the government is shut down, I believe giving my salary to charity is the right thing to do. And I will continue working as hard as I can to get the government up and running again.

-Al

No comments:

Post a Comment